4923 22
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philip_Barber
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a lookup option (in Number of weeks) that has two different values. I want to be able to extract the numeric value from either of the text strings that is chosen and place that value in the AMOUNT column but I have no real idea as to how to do it. Can somebody please help me

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 11.25.41

22 Replies 22

The formula works a treat however I have made an error and not included details of a numeric field called CHILDREN.
So far the formula has ignored this field and I have got the correct answer if only one child has booked however if there is more than one child then there is a discounted rate of £5 for every child for every week in addition to the original charge.
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 13.19.41
I am sure it is possible to extend the formula however I have no idea as to how.
Would you be so kind to extend the formula for me to take into account additional children.

I should also note that I have had to separate the NO OF WEEKS so that I have NO OF WEEKS FM and also NO OF WEEKS S&R
I have done this to make the booking form specific for the Class as otherwise it was giving too many options and conditions.
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 15.47.57

I am definitely feeling embarrassed even to ask but I have now added a Zoom booking and also a PARTY booking that I would like added to Amount. My niece is thanking me so much for changing her from manual record and I keep telling her the difficult bits are being done in America! Thanking you in advance.
Phil

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 17.55.46

Sorry for the delay getting back to this. Including the extra fields will actually be fairly straightforward. The part that’s confusing me a little is this:

I want to make sure that I understand the logic. If it’s an 11-week course, and there’s only one child, it’s £70. If there are two children, that’s another £5 x 11 (£55), for a grand total of £125. Is that correct? Or does that £5/child discount rate also include the first child, not just the second, meaning the total would be £110, not £125?

From what I gather, that discount only applies to selections coming from {No of weeks FM} and {No of weeks S&R}. Is that correct? The other fields—{Party} and {Zoom}—don’t appear to be based on a number of weeks, so it feels like they should be excluded from this extra-children calculation.

Hi Justin and thanks for continuing to show an interest in my problem.
I have implemented the solution given to me by “Augmented” shame I don’t actually know his name.

It is only the second (and subsequent) child that the discount is applied…

For your information my booking form does not give a user the chance of putting in numbers of children on a Zoom call, as they are not charged in that way.

I created a separate Party Children Number for information only as a party is a totally different event to a class as it is charged by length of party time not numbers.

I think I am now sorted however over the weekend I will be going through how it all works with my niece and hopefully I have understood her problems and (with your help) given her the answer to her needs.

Thanks again
Phil