2135 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Cederwall
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have been attempting to catch a hook in Zapier from a scripting app that I run daily. The content of the request is designed to capture some metrics from the actual running of the script.

I have previously run caught a webhook from a scripting automation to Zapier with no issues. For some reason though, when trying to send a similar request through a scripting app I encounter a failed to fetch issue with some writing on CORS.

My code is below, I removed the link within the fetch but it was just the link that Zapier provides within their catch hook step.

var bodyContent = {

"scriptName": script,

"numOfRecs": numRecs,

"elapsedTime": et,

"recsPerSec": recsPerSecs

}

let request = await fetch('', {

method: 'post',

body: JSON.stringify(bodyContent),

headers: {

'Content-Type': 'application/json'

},    

});

This is the error that is happening when I attempt to perform this part of the script.

Thank you for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

hmm, something definitely changed as I am seeing same as you and it previously worked.

Luckily its an easy fix thanks to this: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/troubleshoot-webhooks-in-zapier#posting-json-from-web-b...

Just comment out your Content-type header and it seems to be working for me now.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

hmm, something definitely changed as I am seeing same as you and it previously worked.

Luckily its an easy fix thanks to this: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/troubleshoot-webhooks-in-zapier#posting-json-from-web-b...

Just comment out your Content-type header and it seems to be working for me now.

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

BTW - this is crazy timing, we literally just released our newest article explaining how to do this:

(We need to remove the header from our code sample now :slightly_smiling_face: )

Scripting App and Automation scripts handle CORS differently. Automation scripts don’t have CORS limitations, per this support article.