891 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Looking to see if there is a workaround to airtables filter. For my current need, I would require a filter offering AND plus OR.

Essentially I am looking to see the invoice status as “raised” and then filter 3 potential options from the same field.

I don’t think the native filter is a functional option for me. Would it make the most sense to create a nested IF statement which satisfies multiple options from the same field?

DETAILS:

I lean on AT for my order processing. Each record is an invoice and I also use it to track several fields in that record.

I am attempting to create a new view which is commission focused.

The conditions I want to create a filter for are -

1. Field: Invoice Status / Condition: Raised
  2. Field: Item / Condition: Trip Income
  3. Field: Item / Condition: Detention
  4. Field: Item / Condition: Other services
  5. Field: Date / Condition: Specific Date Range
  6. Field: Comms Status / Condition: Final
2 Replies 2

I would say so. Whenever I encounter this situation, I create a formula field and, as you said, use nested IF() and/or SWITCH() functions to create outputs I can filter on. This usually takes the form of some sort of “Status” that is output by the formula.

David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Jeremy for the quick response.

Thinking about it… the Item field which I want to sort for is a Linked field type.

So my quick and dirty workaround is adding a LOOK UP field. I simply added a Yes/No field in the Item Linked table as I needed.

I then can filter for that YES or No without running into the And + Or conflict.