1996 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian_Hertel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are using Airtable as a task manager to keep track of to dos. Each of the four employees at our company has a sheet in the ‘task manager’ base and each sheet has a ‘Collaborator’ column. I want to create a sheet/view that could show me all of the records in the my coworkers sheets on which I am a collaborator. To be clear, this should be real time so that whenever one of my coworkers creates a record where i’m a collaborator, that record appears in my view/lookup/search. I’ve been trying to get this to happen by using linking & lookup fields but to no avail. Is what I am trying to do possible?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You could create a ‘view’ that filters for you in the collaborator field? Assuming all tasks are in the same ‘table’ this would work - but I am not sure of what you mean by ‘sheet.’

If each employee has a separate table of tasks (versus a filtered view in one table for each employee) then you would need a filtered view in each table that filters for records in which you are the collaborator.

The only way to make a new ‘table’ that would show you all the records would be to link every single task in which you are the collaborator to a record or records in a separate table - which is not very friendly/or what I would recommend.