2210 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The problem I’m having is that I use airtable for my financial reporting and because its a relational database if I (or someone on my team) changes data in one base itll change all my past financial reports…

Is there any workaround for this?

Possibly an app that can capture the dynamic data and make it static so I dont have to copy/paste each month into a google spreadsheet…?

3 Replies 3
Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also for additional context I keep track of peoples hourly rate in the airtable database and when I change someones rate it’ll change all their past payouts, which is bad for accounting.

Thanks for that additional context, Michael. The way that I solved this is to use a [Rates] table. Each line item links to a rate record. Each rate record has a starting and ending date, and I can only link to active rates (with only a start date). If a rate needs to change for a given client, I add an end date to that rate record, make a new rate record with the new rate and a starting date, and link all new entries for that client to the new rate record. None of my old data changes because older line items are still linked to the original rate record.

Ohh that’s smart… thanks Justin!