4130 13
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_F
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am running into a wall with this automation, hoping someone knows what I’m doing wrong.
When a record in my Events table matches a condition, I am trying to build a Find a Record automation that finds a record in my Main Directory table where email in Main Directory is email in Events. I am getting an invalid filter error on my email field. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. Ultimately I would like to update the retrieved record with data from Events, but I can’t get beyond the filter error.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 9.05.12 AM

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 8.42.44 AM

13 Replies 13

Set your trigger conditions to include “Email is not empty”, then retest. Do you still get the error?

D_F

That did it! Thank you!

Theo_Dixon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@D_F Thanks for asking this! (and thanks to @Kamille_Parks for the response!) I was hitting the exact same wall :man_facepalming:

Hi, I’m having the issue but this fix didn’t work.
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.59.14 PM
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.59.53 PM

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same issue.

Also getting this same error. Trying to match 2 fields that contain the same value.

Both fields are the same format. 

Anyone figure out how to fix?

Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any update here? i'm hitting this same error

Meagan_Caesar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hoping for an update on this soon, I'm also having this issue and the suggestion solution doesn't apply/fix the issue.

Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

hello?? anyone have an answer?

Support_IT
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, same issue either with an email formatted field, or text type field, or fomula. Any idea @airtable-team ?

Support_IT_0-1689623575605.png

This is really blocking for basic feature. OR should make it match with first condition / but it stopped

Darcy_Bell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @Kamille_Parks any chance you could please assist with this problem that these latest comments are about is slightly different to the problem you initially provided a solution for?

I and many others also seem to be facing this issue. Let me know if you need any other info but this is the error code we are facing "invalid filter on "field name" (Invalid filter value: null)"

Thanks in advance for your assistance in advance and for everything else you do for this community, your comments on other issues have saved me and others many hours of headaches!

Darcy

Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am also having the same problem 😞

Ella_0-1696636919551.pngElla_1-1696636950592.pngElla_2-1696637011895.png

Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In case anyone is still stuck on this...I managed to get around this error (fixed for my use case) by using the record ID instead of the field value (see photos).

Ella_0-1697143455779.png😊

The following photo shows the token which caused the error for me

Ella_1-1697143537253.png😡