Help

Form Responses - Filled in on(matched up to) Master List instead of adding a new entry

Topic Labels: Integrations
1425 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melanie_LaDue
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve got a Master Employee list and am sending out a survey that links to that list with the employee name field. They’ll choose their name from the list on the form, then fill out their information (shirt size, etc.) BUT, my issue comes with the responses.

It’s adding them as another entry on my Master List - but I want to know if it’s possible to have their information fill in on the master list, rather than adding a new entry…

Anyone have a workaround for this?

3 Replies 3

Editing an existing record via an Airtable form is not possible with Airtable’s native tools. However, this can be done (sorta-kinda) with some clever table setup and form design:

I believe it might also be possible using a third-party form tool like Jotform, though there may be a cost involved.

Is it now possible to achieve this using the new “automations” feature?

Welcome to the community, @Daniel_Raymond! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately not. Automations work with the data that’s already in Airtable. If a form creates a new record, that new record can trigger an automation, which can then operate on the new record, but an automation can’t intercept the incoming data to modify an existing record instead of adding a new record.