Form to edit data

Yes, seems like this has been needed for many different purposes & workflows, and for some time now too. Here’s just one example from my office:

We have a Print Editorial Calendar base (based loosely on an Airtable template), but possessing a huge scope of monthly editorial content throughout a calendar year. For our purposes, this means a couple hundred records—one for each content piece—in our single Print Schedule tab, in addition to a dozen fields linking to each issue, fields setting deadlines, fields for attaching unedited and edited drafts and photos. etc.

Some of this editorial content is being collected and edited by a couple of interns, who we are trying to reserve as much superfluous information from as we can—anything that doesn’t relate to their designated assignment. Moreover, there are so many variables due to such a large and content-heavy base that we want to minimize any unintended mistakes, which we’ve already had before. But that being said, they need to be able to make edits or re-attach updated drafts or make notes for some of the records—a few out of the couple hundred in that table. (Even some limited editing usage — such as just the ability for them to only input attachments into attachment fields — would be immensely helpful.) We house quite a bit of proprietary information for upcoming content in that single base, which works for us in every way EXCEPT for this issue with limited collaboration/editing.

We would badly need this feature as well.
We are building my CRM in Airtable and would like to develop a full persona building survey, where people in the CRM would receive links to the a web form that corresponds to the People record in the CRM Table.
The data from the questionnaire would then be easily grouped, segmented and analyzed, and connected to other records and views in the CRM Table.
Any chance we can expect this soon. We’d prefer not to have to use Zapier for this.

In case we’re in need of more examples, I will add how this would be beneficial in our workflow:

We have 100s of new projects each year and log all project information in AirTable. This information comes from other departments and we’ve developed a form for them to submit their portion of the project information. Unfortunately, because we’re unable to update existing records, we had to create a whole new table to receive the submitted forms and then manually input the same data into our Project Information table. This is unnecessarily tedious and it seems the solution is within reach. I would be very glad to see this implemented as it would also boost our chances of staying with AirTable.

Thanks Aaron,

You’ve summarized the issue perfectly!

I’ll be so curious to see what folks come up with – perhaps AT will deliver some (or all!) of this sometime very soon.

Meanwhile, I’m very glad to say in contact and share ideas on the subject.

Best,

Ken