932 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolas_Chin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone! I’m new to Airtable and need some help with the Forms view. Providing some context below:

Table 1: Contains IDs and names of specific users.
Table 2: Contains data that is inserted via the Form View, with one of the questions being a Linked Field to Table 1’s ID.

My questions are:

1. Why does the form in edit/preview mode show all the other data in Table 1, but when you share the form it only shows the ID?
    Edit mode:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 17.31.07
    Share mode:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 17.31.32

2. Is there a way for me to display the lookup field of the name of the user from Table 1 when their ID is selected? Since selecting IDs will start to get confusing after a while.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

The live form will only show you the primary field. You can make your primary field a formula field to show you more information than just the ID #.

Also, @Moe has created a very advanced Airtable form at https://miniextensions.com/miniextensions-form-for-airtable/. Moe, does your form allow showing a different field than the primary field for linked record fields?

Not in the dropdown list, but our form supports lookup fields. They auto-populate after you select a linked record. Here is an example.

Thanks, Moe! That’s fantastic! What a great feature!