1837 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Harris
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a formula for checking a image file size? Using a IF statement, when a image size is over 5MB (I put 4MB for the sake for example), then the formula will return as a text “ERROR 5”. I tried something like IF(LEN(Image) > 5, "ERROR 5") to no avail.

1 Reply 1

As far as I know, there are no functions in Airtable that let you grab the file size of attachments. I would recommend emailing support@airtable.com to ask them about adding this as a feature.

However, the size (in KB) is exposed in both the REST API and Airtable Automations, so you can automate something in your system to grab the file size of your attachments.

Similarly, you can call the REST API through a custom JavaScript, through any app that can send API calls to Airtable, or through a professional automation platform like Integromat.

Alternatively, the quickest & easiest & simplest way to grab file sizes (and even compress images that are too large, in order to make them take up less space in your database) is to use these 2 tools from MiniExtensions:

(Note that I am an Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)