Help

Formula not producing anything. What did I do wrong?

Topic Labels: Formulas
2553 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Eastvold
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Formula not producing anything. What did I do wrong?

formula wrong

I have spaced this out so it is easier to read. {Bank / Lender Owned?} is a check mark. If it is not checked, I want to base the answer from the AOC field. If it is checked, I want to base the answer off the B2B field. Any possible result should either be 500 or 1000.

2 Replies 2
Peter_Eastvold

UPDATE: Okay, I figured it out. The SWITCH function doesn’t seem to like Boolean Check Boxes.
Instead, I did this:
IF({Bank / Lender Owned?}=0,IF({(AOC) 1st Offer}<100000,500,1000),IF({(B2B) 1st Offer}<100000,500,1000))

Nor should it.

Switch() is not a good choice for boolean evaluations. You are overloading your formula with the Switch method which is suited for many possible values. Booleans, on the other hand, are binary values and performant operations can occur well inside the lighter and more efficient IF() formula.

> As it turns out, the switch statement is faster in most cases when compared to if-else , but significantly faster only when the number of conditions is large. The primary difference in performance between the two is that the incremental cost of an additional condition is larger for if-else than it is for switch.