Help

Formulas and automations for creating, updating, and/or deleting based on fields

Topic Labels: Automations
632 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarBet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey there! I am a true beginner to automations and coding in general. I’m hoping this community can help me with this.

Applications: Airtable (Pro plan), Google Cal, Gmail (if needed: Zapier, Integromat)

I have a team of multiple people who are assigned to certain events. They are in a multiple select Field “Onsite Team” with options like: Judy (lead), Judy (asst), Ben (lead), Ben (asst), etc… where each person can be 1 of 2 roles and we have at least 2 ppl assigned for an event. Ex) EVENT X has Judy (lead) and Ben (asst).

What I want to automate:

1. Find EVENTS (records) for Judy that have her assigned, either as lead or asst, and create a Google Cal event for her (with info from Airtable like event address, start date, time, etc…)
  2. If Airtable is updated (like date or time changes), I want it to automatically update the created Google Cal event.
  3. If Judy is no longer assigned to that Event, I want her Google Cal event to delete.
  4. Repeat for other team members.

What I’ve tried:
I’ve started using the Airtable automations feature but I haven’t been able to update events, just create them. I’ve also read multiple info docs, mostly on formulas, but it’s all Greek to me and I need a bit more help/explanation.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @SarBet!

There is no way to accomplish #3 using Airtable’s native automations.

You would need to either write your own custom Javascripts to handle that, or use an external automation tool.

You also couldn’t do a “Find Records” without writing a script (or external automation) as well, although you could potentially trigger #1 in a different way.

You mentioned both Zapier and my personal favorite automation tool Integromat — I would advise against using Zapier because it is more expensive but less powerful & less customizable than Integromat.

What you want to do would likely take several hours to setup — If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Expert+ Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: