830 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harold
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to automatically forward a list of all new records within a given week?

I would like to send a weekly update showing only the records that are added in the past week. How can I do this?

4 Replies 4

Here’s a broad look at how I’d approach this problem:

• Make a “Past Week” view with a filter to show all records added within the past week
  • Make a new table called [Triggers] with a single record. Add a formula field to that record output a 1 at a specific time once a week.
  • Create an automation using the “When record matches conditions” trigger, with the condition being that the formula field mentioned above contains a 1.
  • The first action step in the automation would be a script that pulls all records from the “Past Week” view, builds a string containing all of their names (or whatever info you want in the email), and sets that string as an output item
  • The second action step would be to send the email containing the output from the script.

If you’d like help with the specifics of this setup, just holler!

Thanks Justin!

Would be great if you could help me to set this up. Is your script available somewhere?

I haven’t actually built this setup yet, including the script. I was just outlining the process I’d use if I were to build it based on past experience. I’m tied up the rest of this week, but I could probably put some time into it on Monday. If someone else wants to jump in sooner, feel free.

Sorry for the delay. I just haven’t had time to put into this, at least not as a volunteer effort. If there’s an urgent need to get this done, I’m available for hire. PM me to discuss this further if you’re interested.