Help

Future Revenue - Report aggregating different columns (one for each month)

Topic Labels: Base design
757 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_De_Beuke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I’m quite new to Airtable, and used to use Excel.

For my company, I would like to create a Sales/revenue dashboard, to visualize when our revenue will be realised. I created a table where I distribute the total project value over the coming months, based on a start date and an end date. I have a column with the total project amount (e.g. 100.000€), and then 12 columns, one for each month. I figured out a way to distribute the 100.000€ over the different columns, using formulas: so far so good.

Now, I would like to have a report with a bar-chart or a line-chart, showing the total revenue expected through the months January-December (in excel, rather easy).

I really don’t know how to obtain this, and now I’m thinking this might have something to do with the setup op my table/base.

Would be fantastic if anyone could help.

Steven
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 14.10.25

1 Reply 1

Hey @Steven_De_Beukeleer,

Welcome to Airtable community.

In Airtable you can’t follow the same data structure like on Google sheets due to the different data storing. So to achieve what you explained on your post you have to follow those steps:

1. You don’t need one column per month so you can delete them
  2. you can create on column that will represent the month and the year. This column can be a date or even a single select. (I recommend the date)
  3. Based on this date you have to group your data so then you will be able to see the budget per month
  4. In order to create the chart you are looking for, I recommend to use chart app, please check the link below:
    https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013248487-Chart-app

I wish this helped you and for any further question please feel free to text me back :slightly_smiling_face:

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis