cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

gantt
Today we are officially launching the Gantt view. Previously a dedicated app, the new Gantt view brings a better UI and additional, more powerful features (such as milestones, “hide weekends” and nested grouping) to Airtable’s current Gantt offering.

Gantt view enables you to visualize a schedule of related activities over time—like tasks, projects, or events—on a Gantt chart. You can use it for project management, production timelines, or resource management.

What are the differences between the Gantt view and the (old) app?

The new Gantt view has a number of differences and improvements over the prior app version, including the ability to:

• Create and navigate to Gantt views directly from the view sidebar.
  • Make use of the full screen real estate without needing to access the apps dashboard / full screen mode.
  • Adjust filters and record coloring inline without needing to switch back and forth between the app and a source view.
  • Create standalone shares of Gantt views without exposing the rest of your base data.

What new features are available in Gantt?

We recently shared a host of new features that are available in Gantt, including milestones, hide weekends, nested grouping, row height, and direct record creation. You can read more about these in this community topic.

FAQs

How do I create a Gantt view?

Gantt views are created from the view sidebar like other view types. If for some reason you don’t see the Gantt view as an option, you may need to refresh your browser.

What will happen to my existing Gantt apps?

Existing Gantt apps will continue to work as before. New Gantt apps will not be able to be installed going forward.

How do I configure my Gantt view settings?

Gantt view settings can be configured from the view bar. Currently, you can manage filtering, grouping, record coloring, and sharing settings directly in the view. For all other settings, clicking the “Settings” button will open a settings panel in the view itself.

Learn more about Gantt

To learn more about using the new Gantt view, check out our support articles here.

8 Comments