44289 124
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi folks! We just launched the Gantt block today. If you have access to Airtable Blocks through the Pro or Enterprise plan, I highly recommend that you go check it out!

gantt-hero2

This blog post has a good overview of the features included in our Gantt block (including simple drag-and-drop editing, cascading changes, critical path highlighting, grouping, color-coding, and more). For more in-depth guidance, you can check out our support article here, which also has a tutorial video.

If you’re not sure where to start, we just released a bunch of new Gantt-centric templates:

Our Airtable experts will also teach you how to set up a Gantt block and answer all your Gantt questions if you sign up for our live office hours, happening at 9 a.m. PDT on Thursday, May 23. (If you can’t make that time, sign up anyway and we’ll send you a recording later.)

See Solution in Thread

124 Replies 124
James_Cunningha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When will Gantt tables be available in airtable? This is exactly what I need for my company. Will airtable api work with file maker pro?

Ana_Daumec
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this!! Gantt view would be a major addition to the app as it’s a huge page of project management!!

Laura_Rose_Golf

I agree - this would be an awesome feature - is this something y’all are developing soon?

Nick_Foley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a killer feature & powerfully multiply the utility of Airtable.

Laura_Rose_Golf

This would be an awesome feature. We’re considering leaving Airtable to find a product that does have the gantt features

4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Gantt chart, its just must be in Airtable…Need this feature as air… Will be great… Thank you.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 A lack of Gantt functionality is the only thing holding my company back from moving to Airtable from Smartsheet. We’re using smartsheet right now.

David_Marks
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What the title says. This is critical for my team to present relevant project timelines to clients. Does anyone know if Airtable is working on this?

Danae_Casteel

This is also one of the major hang ups of getting our design team to use airtable. They require a gantt view, a simple one. Basically, something that would show 10-15 projects as records and the other fields would be dates [weekly increments would be fine] with bars showing the period of time different aspects of each project last (e.g. design, editorial, production).

Adam_Dexter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As a new Airtable convert- I’m bummed that I’m stuck in Smartsheets for now because of the lack of Gantt view- though I just learned about Reports and Sights in Smartsheets which are cool- but Airtable is SOOOOO much more user friendly and nice to look at. I’d love Gantt view in Airtable!

Matty_Mullins

Adding gantt functionality in anyway would take airtable to the next level (i.e. convert SmartSheet’s market share) for several reasons.

For Airtable: People who use gantt’s are project and program managers.

Add the Gantt that attracts project and program managers and get exponential sales opportunities with zero time invested for adding leads in a pipeline. They will do your selling.

• Project Managers typically lead a project which includes a team of people. They have heavy influence on team members and stakeholders, as well as budget to get the project done. This means, if they like a certain tool (e.g. Airtable, Smartsheet, Maven, BaseCamp, etc.), especially if it has a Gantt, they purchase the subscriptions (10-30 people).

• Program Managers organize and equip a “project of projects” (over simplified), and if they have a tool that can help them predict and coordinate timing, budgets, and quality between project teams (Gantt is a must for this), they will make the purchasing decision for all the projects (30-100 people).

About me: I have over 10 years of program management experience trained at the number 1 school in the nation for this. I’ve applied it from government contracting to starting 2 for-profit and a non-profit successfully on time and on budget for stakeholders (investors and partners). The scopes of our projects reached beyond $100M. I speak with authority on the ROI opportunities this holds for Airtable and for their client’s success. Please feel free to reach out for any questions or followup. M

Jay_Padron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I absolutely love AirTable and am using it for practically every need I have. Unfortunately, I want to create a Gantt chart so I can easily stay on track of progress to meet my quarterly goals

Hugh_Macken

gantt would be nice.

BillySF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thumbs up for Gantt from me too :thumbs_up:

Sarthak_Moghe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just started using Airtable and I was like > “Wow! Its Google Sheets meets Trello”. And to add to my fellow airtable chairpersons a Gantt view would be the best thing for me since sliced bread :bread:

Drew_Westphal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a great feature for us as well!

Mustafa_Kaplan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would sure be great to have a gannt view BUT, how do you plan to create nesting tasks ? (multi-level hierarchy of tasks) There first needs to have nesting rows of information.

Good point @Mustafa_Kaplan https://www.teamgantt.com is (yet) another tool that covers both gantt views and nesting pretty well.

That being said, I’m coming up on cases where I need to link to other records in the same table…

jp_o_reilly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a feature that is in high demand by my team and we would love to have the option in Airtable to view projects in a Gant chart.