44556 124
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

124 Replies 124
stephan_tran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to Gantt and dependencies please

+1 for Gantt feature request!!

Great News!

Mike_Sobaski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt. I’ve been implementing Airtable in a number of companies, but can’t fully use for product development due to this massive gap. Please prioritize!!

Emir_Sakic
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt (promoted into Views, alongside Kanban, Calender, List etc.).

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for Gantt block
The timeline block is far less useful without an option to group entries together

Ronnie_Eshel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

what about timeline block?

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Timeline block

The timeline block is part of Airtable Blocks, a Pro plan feature. Blocks let you extend the functionality of your bases: you can use blocks to bring new information into Airtable, visualize and su...

Hugh_Macken

Timeline block is a step in the right direction but I really need to have a view that i can share with clients without them needing to login, as I can with normal views. I believe it is not possible to share the timeline block in this way, it it?

Benjamin_Lupton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So if it became possible to:

1. have a column in your table reference another row
  2. have another column in your table, be able to reference a specific column from the referenced row

Then you would be able to accomplish this like so with the columns (task, duration, automatic start date, automatic finish date) and a work day of 5 hours.

https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invFZxCtryurYPLZP&inviteToken=d9372df3cc3a0cc18893aa863132b1cd21bae829361177fd5e700e0b8b91c38c

However, as point 2 is not possible, and lookup is not possible for items in the same table, and as formulas don’t support such referencing, then this method is not possible.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Giving Airtable the benefit of the doubt that they’re actively working on this, I have a few sub-feature requests for this feature.

• Milestones: I have dates in my table that show the progression of the project. For example, quote date, production date, ship date, date invoiced. Instead of a simple date beginning and date end, milestones should be added to show more detailed project progress against the expected/estimated timeline.
  • SIngle-select “Order”: This is almost another feature request entirely, but being able to stipulate “order” in a single-select field would be very helpful. For example, it could show that the status of “quote sent” would come before “invoice sent” in a project timeline. This would help for any application, not just a gantt view.
  • Another reason why the gantt block should be a view is because of its lack of manipulatability. I should be able to sort, filter, and share the view in the same way I would a Kanban or gallery. Very frustrating that this is treated like a second-class citizen in the Airtable society.

Airtable, please fix this! It’s the only thing impeding the adoption of your product by many organizations.

It’s been a few months. I hope it’s soon!!

Haider_Imam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt functionality - critical :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Michael_Chun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt functionality - most frustrating thing about the platform now.

Chiara_Sicola
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+3 (we are a team of three : ) for GANTT functionality, it would be a dramatic improvement to our job. Thanks!

Michael_Kim1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt functionality. Currently evaluating other platforms because of the lack of gantt functionality.

John_Fox
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I moved from SmartSheet because Airtable has way more potential. Gantt view/chart is desperately needed. If nothing else, even “child” rows for grouping data.

Partner_Marketi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hoping to hack Calendar and Timeline to get some sort of usable Gantt functionality. The inability to visually sort on the Timeline block is such a bummer. :frowning:

Spencer_Mullane
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Normal gantt (Smartsheet, MS Project, etc) is 110% necessary to use as a scheduling tool (specifically construction). Timeline block does not even remotely cut it for scheduling. Please, not as a block, ASAP.

Evan_Stuart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just started to looking at Airtable and really surprised it doesn’t have this feature.

David_DeMello
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

++1 The lack of Gantt is a non-starter for me/us at the moment. There must be some very fundamental structural details of the architecture that prevent adding this easily, or it would certainly already be there. I’m a big fan of Agile and LEAN philosophies and I don’t like Gantt charts at all because I think that they create false promises for many development projects or for roadmaps within organizations (like higher ed) where priorities are in constant flux, but I do still need to create them when their absence is taken as a sign of “no plan” for certain types of decision makers.

Alan_Armstrong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We love Airtable for some things, but lacking Gantt and some of the subfeatures listed here makes is less suitable for project management. I’d prefer to stick with one tool!