44575 124
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

124 Replies 124
Master_Lux_srl

Is GANTT still a missing feature in 2018?
We want GANTT :winking_face:
Please.

Ron_Proctor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We want Gantt Charts too.

Leonardo_Cesar_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

everyone want Gantt, I know you guys can do it for us, please

Mikhael_Simmond
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What do we want? "GANTT CHARTS!!!"
When do we want it? “WE GANTT TELL BECAUSE WE DON’T HAVE A GANTT CHART!!!”

Anna_Campbell

200% agreed here! We need a mix of the calendar and kanban functionality and Gantt view would be perfect for visualizing/planning steps on multiple projects at once. Our company is currently using AT for almost everything except this, which currently lives on a nearly illegible spreadsheet despite it being maybe the most important data vis tool for our production process!

Noah_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Adding my vote to the addition of a GAANT view

John_Kelly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding one more vote for a Gantt chart!!!

Miroslav_Tunjic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

plus one for gantt pls

Dan_CLem
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When is this getting built?? Awesome software but a major blocker for my company

Kangland

I don’t think AT will add gantt view.

Stefanie_Knapp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for Gantt view here. Our company is evaluating software and I lost my quest to implement Airtable solely because it doesn’t have Gantt. We’re going with SmartSheet instead.

Jonathan_Mergy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a small empire built with Smartsheet. Love AirTable and some functionality, I know, will arrive at some point (fonts, font formatting, decent printing, etc.) but the no gantt view is a deal breaker right now for me. I tried to do it, I really did, but having to use a different tool for that was no bueno. Still on Smartsheet.

Did a little compare post on Smartsheet and Airtable as of now a week or so ago >> https://mergy.org/2018/03/thoughts-on-airtable-from-a-longtime-smartsheet-user/

Well said. I agree with pretty much everything, though being able to link to other bases and a more granular user permission is key for my use. I am a little concerned with the pace of Airtable updates and don’t know when/if they will make the changes you highlighted.

I am looking into Smartsheets now as an Airtable alternative because I have been waiting on Airtable forever.

Dan_Alexandru_G

I guess the answer to this is kinda found in blocks with timeline. Ofcorse, it’s at start, without the usefull options, but it looks like a step forward. Hope to see it grows as it’s one of the powertools of classic PM.

Nice job. Wrapping text got better now since the use of adjustable row height. But it also has a drawback: all records get the same adjusted row height. Being a spreadsheet fan, I like the fact that only the row with much text is enlarged. This is not (yet) possible in Airtable.

Jeffrey_Bowdoin

Plus for this feature. Would be great to add gantt

Sergie_Magdalin

We don’t need just a gantt view! The awesome thing about Airtable is that it allows you to organize and view data any way you want. The timeline is a great start because it’s the foundation of a gantt view, but imagine being able to group the records in there like you’re able to in other views (e.g. calendar view). You can group by a collaborator field to get a gantt view. You can group by different projects, or by statuses — anything! So… adding grouping and sorting in the timeline block will give us a gantt view and soooo much more!

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Technically this issue is solved by the new Blocks feature, but the Gannt chart on there is not near sophisticated enough for our needs. Please, Airtable, add it as another view!

totaly agree with you !

A gantt view would do this job way better than a block

Maru_Tamayo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! Gantt view would be awesome!