cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shane_Stiles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Everyone,

I’m really new to using Airtable, most of my experience in productivity software has been with programs like Omnifocus where AppleScript was a possibility. What I’m looking to achieve (and I’m not sure if it is possible) is to find a way to generate emails to contacts using data from the record filling placeholders. For instance, this is how my Omnifocus task is setup now:

“Congratulations on the purchase agreement for your property at <> Your agent <> <> and I are both super excited to get started on this process for you, feel free to reach out to me at any point for help or questions. Don’t worry, you’re not being passed off, in fact, I’m a licensed agent too, I just happen to work in the office more than I work in the field.”

Is there a way to generate an action button for a record where you can email the associated contacts and have the fields from that record fill in the blanks? Right now I have applescript that tells Omnifocus to pull information from Numbers and then use it to generate a new email but I really like some of the OTHER features that Airtable offers and would love to see if I can achieve the same process here.

Thanks in advance for any/all of the help!

2 Replies 2
Gloria_Medlin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Shane - I’m fairly new to Airtable and this community. I don’t see a response to your question. Did you ever get one? Thanks!

You can either use the SendGrid email block, or you can use Integromat to automate all of your emails for you and/or integrate with external mailing services.

You could also probably pull it together with Zapier as well, but Zapier has severe limitations when it comes to Airtable, unless you couple it with On2Air Actions or this JavaScript hack.