cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreas_Dvorjak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

I was wondering if there is a way to display entries in Single select, Multiple select, Link to another record fields without rounded rectangles and shading around them. I really want to have a plain look similar to an Excel table.

If that is possible, I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to do it.

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

As far as I know every link to another field will have the rectangle.
However, if you insist on avoiding that kind of view, you can create a formula field that refers to this first field. The formula field will have an “Excel” display.

Excel%20display

Thank you very much for you suggestion, Andre! However, I wanted to be able to work directly with field entries without those ugly rectangles. I know it’s a matter of taste, but I prefer a pure clean look. Those rectangles just distract me. Instead of focusing on the necessary columns my eyes jump straight to rectangles. I wish I have a choice to emphasize only those thing I chose to emphasize. Glad it’s at least possible to turn off the colors.

Again, thank you for your help!

Shmiel_Fish

i would add to your request, that even with colored fields, it would look nicer if the Air table would allow to choose to fill the entire cell with the color instead of creating rectangular shapes within the cell

You could use Style Bot extension with this code:

div.foreign-key-blue {
    background-color: #ffffff;
}

Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha

Andreas_Dvorjak

Hi Elias!

Thank you for the suggestion - it worked! The rectangles around linked records disappeared!!!

Do you by any chance know the Style Bot code for removing rectangles from Single select and Multiple select fields?

I tried playing with Style Bot, but still get rounded sides of rectangles left over.

stylebot.jpg

Thank you very much!!!

You could use .pill.

Maybe is better use the transparente value as a color than #ffffff.

Andreas_Dvorjak

It works! I used this code:

span.border-box.truncate.pill {
background-color: transparent;
}

Muchas gracias, Elias!