870 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohsen_khaldoun
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to get all records from a table based on a specific field value?
For example If I had two table [Students] & [Groups] and another one [Marks] and I want to put all students of a specific group in that table by just choosing the group. How can I do that please?

2 Replies 2
Avi_Doe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!
I would try to us the filter in the Students table. Filter (Groupname). If the students are linked to the group with a specific name your result would be all students which are in this specific group.

I think you might be misinterpreting the requirement. From what I’m reading, @Mohsen_khaldoun wants to create links in the [Marks] table for students matching a certain group, so that he can record marks (grades) for them.

To semi-automate the process, this could be done via a script in the Scripting block. I can picture a system where there’s a button in the [Groups] table labeled “Add to Marks”. That could trigger a script, which would find all students from that group and create new records in [Marks], with each record linking to a different student.

A more manual approach would be to build a view in the [Students] table with a filter that only shows students from a specific group. In the [Marks] table, set up the link field to the [Students] table so that it only shows records from that specific view. You’ll need to make the records in [Marks] manually, but this will make it slightly easier to pick students tied to a certain group.