1103 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandy_Hutchison
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

IF({Deposit Collected} = 1, “Deposit Collected”, Total/2)

I want the last part of the formula (Total/2) to output a dollar amount with a dollar sign ($).

Right now it’s just putting out the number, it has the decimal point and everything. I can’t figure out how to add the $ sign in front of it so the output looks like $1234.50.

Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies 3
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

There’s a formatting tab right next to the formula entry tab. Should let you do what you’re after.

Thank you, but it doesn’t let me format this answer the way I’d like (actually it doesn’t let me choose ANY formatting because it says the answer isn’t a number :roll_eyes: ). That’s why I’m having trouble, I think I’m going to have to make the formatting part of the formula and I can’t figure out how.

I should have paid closer attention to your formula. You should try to make the outputs of your IF statement the same type, if you want to use built in formatting. Try replacing “Total/2” with

CONCATENATE("$",Total/2)

Realize that this will output text in every case and you can’t rollup this column if you want to in the future. If you want this field to be a numeric format, think about what you can replace “Deposit Collected” with, in the 2nd part of the IF statement.

Hope this helps.