cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCOTT_GARDNER
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello-

I am trying to connect the maps block and am getting an error using the API key, pretty new to this set - any help?

5 Replies 5
nnico

I am attempting to use the Google Maps Block.

Bug behavior:
Google Maps block slowly (1 request / second according to Google’s Activity Dashboard) fetches Geocache Data and fills the column in airtable. However, the map displays the greyed out overlay “For development purposes only” and asks if I want to overwrite the Geocache data each time I expand the block to view more.

It appears Google has limited this type of integration with third party services like Airtable. What is Airtable’s official stance on this bug?

I would post a screenshot but community .airtable. com says I am not allowed.

I see this exact same behaviour. I’ve tried things like making sure billing is up to date, project profile is correctly completed and so-on.

I spoke with support but haven’t yet followed up. They suggest the problem is that I have not yet set up billing with Google Cloud API. I checked and I have not, in fact, attached a credit card.

If you have time, @Nick_Jackson, try to set up billing in Google and let us know if that solves the problem.

This forum won’t let me share a link… but its under Billing in the left-hand menu on the Google API dashboard site.

Nick_Jackson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ah, that solved it!

For anyone else stuck here, I’d added a billing source but it wasn’t correctly attached to the project. Going to the Billing option in the menu lets you fix this.

Karen_Eason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know if you can limit the map calls to the free allocation if you enter a payment method? I’m doing this for free to help with the COVID-19 supplies shortage, but I can’t afford a several hundred dollar bill for too many calls.