Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolf_McNally
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a long text field that may include newlines. Example:

Where is Margaritaville?

It’s in the tropics somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder, but no parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. You don’t have to be a navigator to get there. Palm trees provide the camouflage, ocean breezes bring the seaplanes and sailboats, tourists and travelers. Passports are not required. Island music rules. No waiting lines for anything.

There is a beach and a thatched roof bar perched on the edge of the turquoise sea where you can always find a bar stool. There are lots of lies and loads of stories. It’s a comical concoction that blends together like tequila, salt, and limes.

Where is Margaritaville?

It’s in your mind.

When I use the translate block, the result has had its newlines stripped:

Où est Margaritaville? C’est sous les tropiques, quelque part entre le port de l’indécision et le sud-ouest du désordre, mais aucun parallèle de latitude ou de longitude ne marque exactement l’endroit. Vous n’avez pas besoin d’être un navigateur pour y arriver. Les palmiers assurent le camouflage, la brise de la mer amène les hydravions et les voiliers, les touristes et les voyageurs. Les passeports ne sont pas nécessaires. Règles de musique de l’île. Aucune file d’attente pour rien. Il y a une plage et un bar au toit de chaume perché au bord de la mer turquoise où vous pouvez toujours trouver un tabouret de bar. Il y a beaucoup de mensonges et beaucoup d’histoires. C’est un mélange comique qui se mêle à la tequila, au sel et au citron vert. Où est Margaritaville? C’est dans ton esprit.

Obviously, this looks wrong to me, and I’d like to have my newlines back. :slightly_smiling_face:

— Wolf

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable’s extensions come with many bugs & limitations like this, and they can’t even be used in interfaces.

I would try using Make’s Google Translate automations and integrations instead. You can even use better translation tools like DeepL or Yandex.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with the links to a few other Make training resources. To instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld