1595 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Murphy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to use Airtable to track monthly downtime for each IT service in an organization. I have a table for entering individual service interruptions, which has a multi select linked field to another table listing all our services.

The goal is to be able to use a rollup field to show the total downtime for each service. I think I have that bit working. The problem is I need to be able to show the downtime per service by month, and when I group by the month tab it treats “Oct, Sept” as one month, etc.

Is there a way to group or filter that will “break out” the results in the multi select field?

screen1.GIF

1 Reply 1
Steven_Harris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Aaron. Did you get a solution to your issue? I have a similar problem - should be easy, but I can’t find an answer. Essentially, what I want is to be able to summarise (count or sum) from a transaction table (like your interruptions table) by individual item (in your case, by service interruption type). Conditional rollup approaches seem fine if there are only a couple of types of category (like cash or credit in sales examples) but are not practical when I’m trying to summarise for any of 100 different items (or service interruptions). Any solutions you found appreciated. Cheers, Steven, Australia