cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info_artch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hi i am trying to put this formula

IF(Level=1,“Yes”,IF(Level=0,OR(2,3,4,5),“A la carte”),IF(Level=0,OR(6,7),“No” ))

but Airtable didn’t save it, when I check, only that part of the formula was saved

IF(Level=1,“Yes”,IF(Level=0,OR(2,3,4,5),“A la carte”)).

How can I do to solve this problem?

How can i do to set this problem ?

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @info_artch!

Airtable’s formula editor is filled with dozens of bugs like this. It is extremely frustrating, and makes it extremely difficult to get work done.

If you try to copy & paste formulas into the formula editor, it will almost always delete what you just tried to paste into the formula editor. I’ve seen this bug on Windows, but I haven’t yet encountered this on Mac yet. That’s not to say that it doesn’t exist on Mac… it very well might exist on Mac as well.

Airtable rarely fixes bugs in their product, but our best hope of getting this fixed is for you to report this bug to support@airtable.com. It is also best to create a Loom video demonstrating this bug to them, so they can see the bug in action & try to reproduce it on their end.

info_artch

Thank you very much, I will do that.

In the end I used SWITCH(), it works

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Glad you got a formula that works.

I’m posting because to let you know the issues in your original formula to help you (and others) write better formulas in the future.

The main issue is that an IF statement can have at most three parameters, but your formula actually has four parameters. Airtable is deleting this fourth parameter. I have reformatted your formula to add line breaks to show what the different parameters are. Note that this version of the formula still will not work.

IF(
  Level=1,
  “Yes”,
  IF(Level=0,OR(2,3,4,5),“A la carte”),
  IF(Level=0,OR(6,7),“No” )
)

Another issue is that you are not using OR() correctly. Your OR is in the word order that one would expect in an English sentence, but the Airtable language has a different grammar. You probably want something more like …

IF(
  OR(
    Level = 2,
    Level = 3,
    Level = 4
  ),
  "A la carte"
)