835 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YSD_ELEX
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve started designing an AirTable to replace my Excel file to keep track of theatrical lighting template stock by my theater. This image shows where I’m at:
chart example

Now, to make this user friendly on computers and mobile, I would like to be able to use the tables as a “grid view”. For example, If I click on a table labeled SL 300, any template with an inventory count of >1 in size SL300 will show up in that table with all the information from the main table.
I have a grid view set up this way, but my testers couldn’t find it.

Also, I would like to be able to track which production is using which templates and thus how many in each size are available for others to use. For example, G579 size A is often used in up to 3 shows at a time. How would I set up a table to show usage and availability and have that show up in a search?

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi YSD,

Welcome to the community. You can use views to configure what information anyone is seeing in any one table – no table should be a smaller part of another table (e.g. use SL 300 table to show SL 300’s that have inventory more than 1, you should instead have all equipment in a table and create a view that filters down to SL 300’s with inventory greater than 1)

Then once you have that equipment table, you can link what equipment is going on what show through linked records. From there you’ll be able to count how many equipment pieces are in use.

I’d recommend joining a 101 and 201 training to understand how all of this works at airtable.com/webinars

Let me know if this helps

Best
Aron

Want to learn Airtable? Join me for a webinar at airtable.com/webinar