Help

Have a record change switch from one single select to another via automated action (zapier or other)

Topic Labels: Views
2148 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shane_O_Dazier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We use a single select feature to distinguish our job status in Airtable (Pending sales, WIP, AR)
We are trying to have each “Job” or “Record” move itself from left to right on a kanban view chart.

The zap I am trying to build is “when a record enters a view”

We have the “view” sorted and filtered so that as the job progresses, it moves from Pending Sales to Work in Progress and then to AR and so on.

If there is an easier way, I’m all ears but so far it appears “when a record enters a view” is the easiest.

The Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 2.06.04 PM.png

5 Replies 5

You have that trigger in Zapier, like in this template: https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/17988

It’s quite straightforward to set up a zap based upon a new record in a view - but remember that it will only trigger once (the same record will only trigger a zap once).

Could you provide a more detailed description of your use case so that I can recommend an approach?

Even if it exits and enter again in that View?

Yes, that’s right - what we need is the ability to trigger a zap when a record or field is updated but at the moment it’s not possible.

Thanks. My solution will be to make an existing zap longer and perform an
additional function.

Zapping is not one of my strengths…