Help With Staging A Base


The difference between the 2 seems to be in the {Name} field.

In the first screenshot, the record were you linked all the others have is not named, in the second screenshot it is :wink:

You can, I think, just copy the name of the single record from the 2nd screenshot (:white_check_mark:) and past it in the {Name} field of the base in the 1st screenshot.


As far as I know, even if the links are to ‘unnamed record’, the de-duplication routines should work. Could you post or PM me a link to the current version of the base for me to check?

I assume the CSV import file you sent me earlier is the same format as you’re currently using.




I set up a base using the De-duplication Routine, but I had to copy and paste the checkmark (helpful suggestion) into the first field in Table 2 and then there were checkmarks showing up in all the records in Table 1 (Dupe Check field) and for all records in Dupe? field too, so I don’t know how to correct this. If I didn’t copy the checkmark, I would get no checkmark/s at all and I tried many times. I should also mention that I am using the free version of Airtable on my MacBook, High Sierra 10.13, so I don’t know if this makes a difference in terms of the checkmark showing automatically, as opposed to another version, were it does show up automatically or if it’s the set up sequence. The sequence I used is: I linked the two tables first, then I set up the Rollup features and added the formulas accordingly, then at the very end, I would link all the records from Table 2, so I hope I did that right.

I copied and pasted a second set of records, to see if the de-duplication worked, but there were just checkmarks showing in all records in Dupe? field, which worked I suppose, it’s hard to tell with all the Checkmarks. :grinning:

The CSV import file that I emailed you is the file that I have been testing with.

This is the link to the base that I was describing above:

I have also included a link to another version of the same base as above, except it is before I copied and pasted the checkmark, so you can see an unadulterated version and I also copied the same records twice, to see if the checkmark would appear automatically, but it did not:

Thank you very much for your help and patience while I work my way through this.




I am very curious to know how the De-duplication Routine bases that I created (included in Reply# 23) are working or not, or did I miss something. Although, if I did do everything correctly, but I am still not getting checkmarks in the correct fields’s and tables, automatically, I am wondering if it might have to do with using the mobile version and on MacBook. A good test would be to have this base set up with a mobile app and on a computer, independently, to see how it works. Just a thought.

Thank you,