631 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kadie_Austen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a spreadsheet where a track the Broadway & touring shows I’ve seen and the casts I’ve seen in each. I took a long time to create this over on Google Sheets and like the way it works over there, but I think I could make it even more efficient here. I’m especially having a hard time trying to figure out how to create a section for Venue that cross references the other tabs. I feel like I’m trying to make it too complicated since I’m so used to using formulas to cross reference tabs in Google Sheets. Thoughts on the best way to create this?

Google Sheets

3 Replies 3

Hi Kadie, hmm, I’m not entirely sure what we would want to do with the Venue data, so apologies in advance

I’ve put something together for you here. You can duplicate the base by clicking the title of the base at the top of the screen, then the three horizontal dots on the right, and then the “Duplicate Base” button.

I felt that there were four sets of data in your sheet, and so created four tables to categorize them

1. Performers
  2. Casts
  3. Shows
  4. Venues

Each performer is linked to a Role in the Casts table, and each Role is linked to a Show, which is in turn linked to a Venue. Having Shows as a separate table allows us to add the date of the show itself and venue, as well as any other data of note. I’m not sure whether there’s any additional data you want to key in for each Venue, in which case, we could simply convert the Venue linked field into a single select field instead.

Let me know what you think!

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 3.02.35 PM
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 3.02.40 PM
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 3.02.44 PM
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 3.02.55 PM

Thank you so much! I’m going to play around with this one and see what I can do. This seems pretty dang close to what I’m thinking. (:

No worries; glad I could help!