cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airtableuserdud
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
New to airbase and wanting to start off learning it a little by creating a small personal project. To that end, I’m starting to build a database for my liquor & spirits and such … yaaay.

Here are my questions:

1. I have setup the upc function and it works great … wondering if there is anyway to use the upc to pull in any other information such as manufacturer or MSRP or anything like that?
  2. I would like to have 2 fields - one of them is a price field and the other one is a range field (so like $25.01-$75, $75.01-$100), etc… etc… Is it possible to have it so that when i enter the price the range field is automatically updated?

Thanks so much

2 Replies 2
airtableuserdud
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

just curious to see if anyone had any thoughts on this. thanks!

Welcome to the community, @airtableuserdude! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Sorry that your questions went unanswered for so long. There’s a lot of activity here, and it’s hard to keep up with everything (says the guy who feels compelled to keep up with everything!).

Airtable’s barcode scanning only reads the code numbers. If you want to pull in more than that, you might be able to do it using a script in the Scripting block. I haven’t checked, but there may be a public API you could query, sending the barcode number and retrieving other details about the product. Just a stab in the dark, though.

Regarding the range idea, one simple solution is to write a formula that looks at your entered value and outputs a plain text label indicating the range. Formulas can only control their own output, though. They can’t change other fields. You could also use another Scripting block to update the range values from time to time, but that would require manual triggering of the script. A third option would be to take the new scripting action beta for a spin. It takes some setup to get it working, but you could develop a system that updates a range option in a single-select field when you change the price. This beta might also be useful for your UPC scanning idea.

If you’d like help with any of these ideas, just holler!