3591 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Esmonde
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, I am using the Matrix blocks and would like to just hide the “(empty)”, but show the remaining columns that may or may not have values. If I check the box to hide the empty rows, it also hides columns without data in them. I’d like to just hide the “(empty)” column/row when there is no data. The rest of the actually empty columns/rows I’d like to keep so I can show that we indeed don’t have anything in that matrix. See example

Matrix Grid.png

8 Replies 8
Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I think you can create a filter on the table your matrix is referencing that removes blanks. That should take care of it.

What filter would I use? The table the matrix is based on only shows the records that are already appearing here. The “(empty)” is not an available drop-down in my lists–it’s programmatically there.

Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sorry, it’s this option on your matrix block:
matrix.JPG

Patrick_Esmonde

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the response. I have tried that, however, it then deletes all the columns that are empty, which I don’t want to do. I need to show that some risk categories are blank like in this example. The way I have it setup is fine except those default columns that are there and I can’t figure out a way to make them disappear but keep the remaining grid.

image.jpg

Frank_Dittmar

@Patrick_Esmonde
Hi, did you ever solve this?
I get the ‘empty’ everywhere…

Patrick_Esmonde

Hi Frank–sorry for the delay. The email notification got buried in my inbox.

No, I have not found a way to hide that column. I had to photoshop it out for our FDA submission. Kinda annoying there’s not an option in the settings to hide it, but to be fair to AirTable, I have not submitted this as a request, so they may not know that people want this.

Avi_Zukerman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Two years later, has anyone found a solution to this problem? Thanks

haroldcaceres
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

2023 and I'm wondering why this hasn't been solved. 😞