Help

How Can I Export an Entire Base with one Click?

Topic Labels: ImportingExporting
Solved
Jump to Solution
23377 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_weber
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My base is huge. I need a way to one click back it up for my peace of mind. thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built 2 extensions to solve this backup issue:

1. Automatic CSV exporter to Dropbox
  1. Bulk attachments downloader

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
Vincent_Tang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

alternatively you could go through every table in the base (I can’t imagine you’d have more than 10) → download as CSV on the whole view

This isn’t as automated as zenbackups but it gets the job done and its simple / straightforward to do

if you need to download image assets too / rename you can use my bulk image downloader here.

Lisa_weber

I have 25, so far. I’m writing a series that has 13 books in it, and I’m only on book 6. Trying to keep track of all the bits of info and all my ideas is a killer.

thank you

I’m guessing that having a table per book is not a really good match to a pseudo-relational database model. Aren’t there bits and pieces of each book that have some common structure? Does each book have title and a body? Perhaps an extract, a cover image, an author and a date? This would be how it should be structured, IMHO.

Vincent - More than 10 tables is probably the norm.

More than 50 is likely if you’re doing something other than a simple business plan or an academic exercise.

More than 500 is common when you’re trying to model a whole enterprise. If Airtable wants to play in this world (and I really think it should), there need to be some tools that look at large applications such as CRM or document management systems (which is my current area.)

Lisa_weber

i am not keeping track of things like cover images, etc, I’m using this as a series bible, keeping track of plot twists, ideas, locations, characters, descriptions, plot structure, secrets, future plot intersections, editing notes - stuff like that.

Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Lisa_weber! I know this is a while later in the game, but I thought I’d chime in on the subject of backups. It looks like zenbackup site isn’t working. Because my team noticed a lot of people needing backups we built a way to do external backups for Airtable automatically, to address this issue directly.

If backups are still a priority for you, check out the show and tell here: How to set up automatic external backups for Airtable in 20 minutes

Hope that helps!

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a solution to export images so they are physical image files on a hard drive (with file names that match something in Airtable)? This would be VERY helpful and I have a need to use it today, so hoping someone may have found a solution, and can share it here or mssg me. Thanks so much.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built 2 extensions to solve this backup issue:

1. Automatic CSV exporter to Dropbox
  1. Bulk attachments downloader