Help

How can I temporarily deactivate an active form link?

1051 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsering_Sherpa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I had created a form ( application) in Airtable to take register vendors for a farmers market.

I am at full capacity and need to temporarily pause the application ( form link) that has been widely circulated.

I want to start a waitlist of some sort that will be stored in a separate base.

any suggestions will be helpful.

thank you,

4 Replies 4

I would duplicate the form view, then in the original form remove all the fields and change the text at the top to be a warning about registration being full. When you can accept new rsvps then you can use the “copy another view’s configuration” option to replicate what was there before.

Deleting a form view or creating a new link will break whatever link you sent out previously.

SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would leave the form but create a label or a thank you message that mentions they are on a waitlist.

Then create a status to differentiate your farmer markets in the waitlist from the “active” ones, and change the status on the form so that they can only see and select “Waitlist.”

I hope that it helps
Best
Sergio

If this reply fixed your problem, please mark it as a solution :white_check_mark:

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Tsering_Sherpa ! I hope you’re doing well.

Wanted to follow up and let you know that today the team launched the ability to close forms! :star_struck:

Hopefully, this is a solution for your waitlists. You can check out more details here.

AnaG
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Tsering_Sherpa I would like to suggest a possible option.

We have build a form that integrates with Airtable and that may fit to some of your requirements, the miniextensions form. It has an option to schedule when the form should be disabled. Once you are ready to receive submissions again, you can manually turn off the feature and submissions will be accepted again.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 1.28.44 PM.png