Help

How do I permanently hide the new "Views" section on the left side of the page?

Topic Labels: Views
1484 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peg_Ivanyo
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There is a new “Views” column that comes up on the left now. I can toggle it off, but it returns every time I open something new.

How do I PERMANENTLY toggle it OFF? It takes up too much space and for someone used to using views regularly, it is not needed.

4 Replies 4

You can’t permanently turn it off. It is a new feature that Airtable is testing out. Several people have already requested the ability to go back to the old functionality. I think we have to wait until Airtable makes the change.

Here is another thread that discusses it:

Peg_Ivanyo

Thanks so much! I’ve left a comment on the more thorough discussion. For some reason I wasn’t able to find it when I searched earlier.

Davide_Cencini

The new View sidebar is ok, but does it have to be open by default? Every time I open a base it’s there. It’s just a waste of time to close it manually if the default view is what I want. All I wish is the option to turn it off.

Christian_Cee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I NEVER had any complaints about airtable, infact, I loved it until… this annoying “views” category continuing to pop up all through out my day, every day. I am currently looking for other options from other apps to see if I find something with better user experience.