Help

How do I use a Form to populate multiple records at the same time?

Topic Labels: Views
1167 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Femxx_Health
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table Treatments and a table Users. Then I have a table Users_Treatments where each record is a combination of one User and one Treatment, and in addition there is a Review field (basically users review treatments they have tried).
I have already pre-populated the Users_Treatments table with users and treatments but I miss the reviews. I would like to create a Form, so that each user can add a review for each one of the treatments they have tried. Is this possible? I only managed to create a Form that however shows only one treatment per user.

2 Replies 2

Not directly with an Airtable form.

If you have budget, I suggest using a 3rd party portal system, such as MiniExtensions or Softr.

If you have no budget, you could have a pre-filtered shared view for seeing user-treatments, then add a button that opens a prefilled form for submitting reviews, plus automations to merge the results of the new form submission with the original record. However I do not recommend this method. It is too easy for users to remove the pre filter and see other people’s data. And the user experience is clunky.

ChrisDrit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have the same comment as that from above, not directly with an Airtable form.

I do this with ease by submitting my forms to a glue service, like Make, and then send the data to any & all records I want in Airtable.

I use native Webflow forms for this, but you can really use most 3rd party form services.