Help

How do I work with lists of records in automations?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
3262 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruchika_Abbi1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying the following in my automation;

1. Trigger is when record in Offer table changes status.
  2. First Action is Find Records from a Customer Table
  3. Second Action is to Create Records in Marketing Table for each of the customers from #2 above.

However, I don’t know how to do that. Is it possible to iterate a list in automations?

Regards,
Ruchika

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to iterate through a list of records in automations.

In my opinion, it seems like this is a big oversight by the Airtable engineers to leave this out of automations. I would highly recommend that you email support@airtable.com to ask them to please implement this feature into Airtable.

Since you can’t do this directly, you can only do this in a roundabout way. This video explains how to do it in a roundabout way:

(You can also do this directly by using Integromat, which is an external automation platform that has none of the limitations of Airtable’s automations.)

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to iterate through a list of records in automations.

In my opinion, it seems like this is a big oversight by the Airtable engineers to leave this out of automations. I would highly recommend that you email support@airtable.com to ask them to please implement this feature into Airtable.

Since you can’t do this directly, you can only do this in a roundabout way. This video explains how to do it in a roundabout way:

(You can also do this directly by using Integromat, which is an external automation platform that has none of the limitations of Airtable’s automations.)

Ruchika_Abbi1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the response! I’ll check Integromat.
Yes, definite oversight… Perform actions on list should be a feature.

Custom_Brand_Sh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just for anyone else looking, As of February '23 this does appear possible with repeating actions, at least it solved my similar issue, so recommend looking into it: https://support.airtable.com/docs/repeating-groups-of-automation-actions