1581 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle_Shaffer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello I have a table that tracks all outreach to our contacts with the final field of each record being a checkbox column that will be marked if the contact agrees to an appointment.

The goal is to copy a record and all its fields to a new table (appointments) when checkbox column in the original contacts sheet is marked.

Additionally, I would like to add a timestamp in the new table to stamp when the record transfers over to the new table… I.e. a timestamp of the date we confirmed the contact agreed to an appointment.

I understand I can use the same table and different views however we already are working with APIs on the appointments tab for external automations, so I would prefer not to mess with it.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Have you looked into Automations? You can trigger the automation when “record meets conditions” of having the checkbox selected. Then use a “Create record” action to create a new record in the other table and populate the fields with values from the original record.

AirtableBuilds_

Hi Kyle,

As @kuovonne mentioned, this can definitely be achieved with Airtable’s Automation feature.

I would recommend to also link this new Appointment records with your Outreach table, so you can enrich your Appointments with all the information your have discovered and captured during the Outreach stage.

I have done a mock-up Airtable Base as an example of how I can see this working for you. You won’t be able to edit it, but just create a copy in your own Workspace and have a play around.

See the automation in action here

Best of luck
Una