cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rutger
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Community,

I would like to build an application with Airtable as backend that can be used to comply with environmental regulation.

The user logs in, specifies details about his/her company (e.g. CO2 emissions) and gets a dashboard of the companies performance. The questions can be quite complex and therefore users should be able to log out, and continue the work at a later point.

I am a bit lost when choosing the right architecture. I’ve tried a lot already and my current approach includes Webflow as front-end website, Memberstack for user registration etc. I’m not sure how to accomplish smart forms that are live synced with the AirTable backend. I tried to use Zapier but the integrations seem to be unidirectional.

The functionality is similar to https://www.stackerhq.com/. I found this tutorial: How to Update Airtable with a Form - YouTube

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It is not possible to build a single native Airtable form that takes data entry across multiple sessions. It is possible to have a workflow where a user enters data in one form, and then is sent an email with links to other forms to enter additional information.

When data is very complex, you might be better off using a portal, such as Stacker or miniExtensions.

Forms are designed to collect information in a single session. Portals are designed to allow users to manage their own data across multiple sessions.