2450 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Trove
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve searched on this topic and all I can seem to find is duplicating bases and tables.

If you have a better way of organizing this, I’m all ears.

I’m a piano teacher. I’d like to have a starting workspace for each new student, which copies the bases I have set up.

I have bases separated into large topics, like Chords, Scales, Ear Training, Rhythm.

The Chords base, for example, has a table “Major Triads”, and 12 records. Each record has fields for levels of completion of what the student knows. Solid, broken, 1 octave arpeggios, 2 octave arpeggios, etc.

So,

1. How do I duplicate a workspace for each new student?
  2. Is there a better way to organize this?

Thanks.
-Andy

2019-02-16_18h02_42.png

3 Replies 3

Consider making a “template” workspace that has all of your bases in their starting states. When you start working with a new student, make a new workspace for that student. Then go into your “template” workspace, duplicate all of its bases, drag the copies into the new student’s workspace, and start editing them for that student.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of a better way of organizing the data you’re tracking, but this might make things a little easier for now.

Yes, that’s what I will have to do but I was hoping to duplicate all the bases all at once.

Perhaps post a request in the Product Suggestions category? I can see this being a very useful feature in circumstances similar to yours.