Help

How to Format Currency when doing Text Concatenation?

5969 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alberto_De_Lucc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a Formula field where I concatenate text from a Price field to create a currency string (text) for further copy and paste purposes.

When I concatenate the Price field, I get the floating number instead of the formatted price.

Price field formatting: $ 18,322,511.53
Formula field string I get: 18322511.5264

Now, I know I can concatenate the “$” symbol. However, I don’t know how to format the number itself to allow for commas and decimals.

Do you know how?
—Alberto

4 Replies 4

Take a look at the formula definition for the {DatePrice} field in this demo base. It should give you the basic structure you can adapt for your own purpose…

@W_Vann_Hall Thank you for your reply! Indeed, I noted a construct I hadn’t seen documented anywhere. How to use &"" to coerce a value into a string. The rest was dealing with LEN and REPLACE and similar. My solution doesn’t work for every edge case, but it was good enough.

As this topic recently received a thumbs-up, I felt I should note a much more comprehensive approach to the question of formatting text representation of currency and number values can be found here. (@acdye, this means you! :winking_face: )

acdye
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Appreciate you! I’ve actually officially started a workspace just for references. So far it’s just some bases of yours. Thank you for sharing your Airtable knowledge with the community.