Help

How to get every single record without an offset?

Topic Labels: API
1659 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kartik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there, I hope you are great!
(I am not sure if this is the right category to post my topic but please feel free to suggest any changes.)

When I try to get data from the HTTPS API, it gives me a certain amount of records & an offset value if I want to get the rest of them. I have a database of 3800+ records, and repeatedly using offsets for more data might kind of slow down my app. Is there any way that I could retrieve as many records as I have, without worrying about offsets/page limits? Could it be a query parameter I should add? So it just gives me all the 3800+ records at once…

Here’s the API URL I am using to get my data from (I am trying to get all values of a single field like Name)

api.airtable.com/v0/Base_ID/Table_Name?api_key=API_Key&fields[]=Name

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1

If you are using the REST API directly to get records, you cannot get all records in the base in one call. There is a maximum of 100 records per call.

If you are using one of the libraries, the library might have logic to make multiple calls and consolidate the information for your.

You should also keep in mind that the REST API has an official rate limit of 5 requests per second per base. So, you might be able to get only 500 records per second. (Whether or not Airtable always enforces the rate limit for get requests is another issue.)