679 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paula_Wilson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a total novice but cannot find the answer to my question in the guides or posted solutions. I have created a form with two fields, created the associated grid, and then changed the order of the feilds in the form and also changed the name of one field. The grid did not update to reflect those changes. I did refresh the pages. In the screenshots, you can see that the table does not match the form. Could someone tell me how to sync the form and the table so that they match? Thank you so very much!
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.45.10 AM
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.45.34 AM

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Paula_Wilson!

The grid view & the form view both share the same exact field names, but you are allowed to choose a different name for each field that “overrides” the original field name and displays to the general public.

This is for cosmetic purposes only — it only displays that name on the form for the general public to see on their end, but it is still the same field name underneath the hood.

In fact, if you click on that field on your form, you will see BOTH names — the underlying field name, and the override name that you chose for the general public to see.

So in your case, the name of your field is “Contact Person of Association”, but you have chosen for the general public to see the name of the field to be “Contact Person of Association-test” on that particular form.

Since you are brand new to Airtable, I would highly recommend taking my my free Airtable training course, where I cover forms in depth, and I turn newbies into complete Airtable experts.

You will become a complete Airtable expert in just 90 minutes! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: