Help

HOW TO: HIDE (or at least move) "Uncategorized" column in a Kanban view embedded on a website?

Topic Labels: Base design
6706 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

HOW can we HIDE or MOVE the "Uncategorized” column on a Kanban view embedded on a website?

Use Case:

I’m a Film & TV Producer with an option on a novel.

If you look at: Hardcastle - Heather Hale Productions you’ll see we have embedded a public-facing “Casting Strategies” character short lists that links to an Airtable Kanban.

UNfortunately “UNcategorized" is the most prominent LEFT column. ;-/

Even though it is collapsed on the Airtable base - that doesn't translate to the WordPress website.

I would much prefer if we could hide or filter it out so that if/when that "UNcategorized" column is empty, its empty column won’t show at all (much less be so prominent (first thing most eyes fall upon: top left-hand corner).

Worst case scenario, if we could at least move it all the way to the far right, it’d be less prominent, less distracting and a little more forgivable (design/use wise).

Any ideas?

Suggestions?

Bueller?

THANK YOU!

Already Checked:

STILL haven’t found an answer.

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I agree that it’s a problem, but Airtable has not been interested in providing a solution. You can email them at support@airtable.com to request this, but they have traditionally ignored user requests unless you work for a large company with 10,000+ employees.

So there is no way to solve this problem with Airtable on its own.

However, there are many external portal tools that will solve that problem for you, such as Noloco. Noloco is really the most powerful portal available for Airtable.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast

And I presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks Scott! I’m at my bandwidth with apps and daisy-chained solutions! LOL! I’m already engaging WordPress to link to Airtable. I guess we’ll just have to deal. But thank you!

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm STILL looking for a solution to this - a year later - if anyone has any ideas?

If I could at least move the uncategorized stack all the way to the far right, it'd be less prominent than the first thing most (at least Westerners) look at in the top left corner. 

Even if I collapse the uncategorized stack, it doesn't maintain that preference across to the WordPress website.

I tried selecting everything in my filter but "uncategorized" remains by virtue of the structure of the relational database.

Anything?

Beuller?

Harlen_Bayha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think I just figured out how to filter out Kanban stacks that have no items inside of them using a linked table, but I don't think there is a way to hide that "empty" or "uncategorized" stack at all. I think it has to do with the functionality of the Kanban allowing you to move items from one place to another, so that it is always giving you an option to have an empty cell. It's bad, though, I agree, for any external facing functionality.

Thanks, @Harlen_Bayha.

What you've done/are suggesting is pretty much what we've done but as you also mentioned: it doesn't actually solve the problem ;-/ as the empty uncategorized column is still sitting there - in the most prominent position on our website! 😉

But THANK YOU!