How to only select Table Linked records with a condition?

I would like to have a Jobs Table, where I can log jobs I have done for my clients.

I have a list of clients, some of which are not active.

I want to be able to select a client on the Jobs Table, but only display the “Active” clients.

How can I do this? I’ve played around with rollups, functions, arrays, and I can’t get anything to work. Ideas?

There’s no way of filtering linking fields in Airtable at the moment - although it has been requested by a lot of us.

I’d like to add something to the debate - if filtered lists are implemented, the implementation needs to take into account that you would still need to be able to see existing records’ values which may be linked to records which are filtered out for new records… (I hope this makes sense)

I’ll add my voice to this request, and also second Julian’s emphasis on being able to retain records which were created with records which have since been made inactive - that would be crucial.

If you sort the default view for the [client] table by {active}, you can at least move all the active clients to the top of the list. (Presumably, you could apply a secondary sort by client name or some other logical order, as well.) Doesn’t protect you from incorrectly linking to an inactive client — although you can create an error-checking and warning field to watch for and report such an error — but it does making it less likely, and it avoids the irritation of paging through intermingled active and inactive customers.