Jump to Solution
3086 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to send an email every day at 12:00 p.m. to each record that matches a specific criteria.

Trigger: At a scheduled time
Actions 1: Find Records
Actions 2: Send Gmail

When I run the application with the above settings, the email addresses of the target users are included in the cc and the email is sent all at once.

How can I send each email individually?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you want a separate email for each record, you need to trigger each record individual.

One option is to change the trigger. Instead of using the At scheduled time trigger, use a When record meets conditions trigger. Use a formula field to approximate the time based on NOW(), and whatever other conditions you have for your Find records action. Note that NOW() is not exact, and can be off by as little as 5 minutes or as much as 2+ hours.

Another option is to take a two phased approach. The first automation has the trigger At scheduled time and it does a Find records action. Then, the automation links all of those records to a special “control” record. The Update record action can update a single control record, but it cannot directly update multiple records. Linking all of the records to a control record triggers the second automation. This second automation looks for the presence of that linked control record, and then sends the actual email, and unlinks the individual record.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you want a separate email for each record, you need to trigger each record individual.

One option is to change the trigger. Instead of using the At scheduled time trigger, use a When record meets conditions trigger. Use a formula field to approximate the time based on NOW(), and whatever other conditions you have for your Find records action. Note that NOW() is not exact, and can be off by as little as 5 minutes or as much as 2+ hours.

Another option is to take a two phased approach. The first automation has the trigger At scheduled time and it does a Find records action. Then, the automation links all of those records to a special “control” record. The Update record action can update a single control record, but it cannot directly update multiple records. Linking all of the records to a control record triggers the second automation. This second automation looks for the presence of that linked control record, and then sends the actual email, and unlinks the individual record.

@11191

Alternatively, you may find it easier to do what I often do for my Airtable consulting clients:

Setup a free Integromat account for yourself, and send your individual emails from there.

Integromat automations will have at least 2 advantages for you:

1. Precise & advanced scheduling of your tasks, right down to the minute.

2. Emails are always sent individually. Emails are never sent in groups unless you specifically use the Array Aggregator to combine email addresses together into an array.

Your entire automation scenario would be as easy as 2 simple steps… check out the screenshot below:

• You would click on that little clock icon to setup your daily schedule at 12:00pm.
  • You would setup your Airtable search with that blue “Search Records” ball.
  • This screenshot uses Gmail (or Google Workspace) to send the emails, but you could use any email sending service that you’d like.

p.s. This is pretty easy & straightforward to setup, but if you need to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Expert+ Partner to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website scottworld.com.

Thank you for your help. That worked for me.

isabelgee
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! Anyway you can explain this in a different way? Im stuck with the same issue. 

I would like to send an automatic email at 7:00am based on a grouped view. Unfortunately it pulls in everyone email, limits to 100 per grid and sends as a group. It would be based off two fields "email from assigned attorney" and "email from assigned paralegal". My goal is to email them weekly to inform them out outstanding tasks. The issue is that there is so many I'd like to avoid making so many views/individual automations. 

Thanks in advance!