1214 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanley_Ship
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It’s better if I explained it with an image, but i’m not sure why I can’t add image or links into this post.
https://ibb.co/hCRMyGG

I grouped the table according to the field date, and I’m trying to sort the table according to the average value of “quality of the day”

To give you some context, I have different areas in my life i’m trying to track in terms of productive hours, so there’ll be the spiritual work, actual work, and also people (relationships). At the end of the day I’ll rate the date relative to the area of life I’m working on, so then I can after that see the average quality of the day.

The quality of the day field is only from -2 to 2.

I’m trying to sort from highest to lowest so I can see which days I’m at an average of 1 or 2, and I want to replicate those days more in my life.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there,

I’d suggest changing up your structure a bit.

I’d merge your tables [2019] and [2020] together, and use different views rather than different tables to filter between the years.

Then, I’d add a table called [Dates], and link your existing {Date} field to it.

This would enable you to use rollups on the [Dates] table to calculate the values you see in the summary bars.

For example, you could add a rollup field to the [Dates] table, and point it at the {Quality of the Day} field. Use the function

AVERAGE(values)

This should give you the number by which you want to sort by :slightly_smiling_face: