Help

How to "Tab" out of a “long text” field in Gird View?

Topic Labels: Views
924 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerard_M
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m on Chrome (latest) on Windows 10 (up to date). I cannot find a key combination that will move the cursor out of a Long Text field. The usual suspects including Esc, “Tab” in various combinations with Alt, Shift and Ctrl don’t do it I hate having to take my hands off the keyboard to use the mouse just to move to the next cell.

1 Reply 1

You should be able to tab out of a normal long text field, as long as it’s not the last field on your grid. For some reason, Airtable doesn’t let us tab out of the last field.

If your long text field is a rich text field, option-tab on the Mac will tab you out of the field. I don’t know if the same shortcut equivalent will apply on Windows (alt-tab is the equivalent on Windows), because I think you guys use alt-tab to cycle through applications?? Perhaps there is some other keyboard combo with the tab key that you can find on Windows that gets you out of the rich text field.

Although the same caveat applies if it’s the last field on the grid — Airtable won’t let us tab out of the last field.