How to use filterByFormula Api using javascript fetch() call

Hello Guys! I need some help here, I am using javascript fetch call to get values from airtable, I want Specific field Values using filterByFormula filter…
I want only those fields where field name {TaskDate} = CurrentDate and field name {FK_UserUsageID} = PK_UserUsageID…
I see many topics about filterByFormula but i can’t understand them because of the high level formulas using in them. I try code:

fetch(airtableURL + baseInfo + tblSchedule + apikey+"?filterByFormula=AND({TaskDate} = “+ CurrentDate +”,{FK_UserUsageID} = “+PK_UserUsageID+”)")

.then(res => res.json())

.then(res => {

console.log(res)

})

but response is:

Object {
“error”: Object {
“message”: “Authentication required”,
“type”: “AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED”,
},
}

I also use my apikey and all that needed. Please figure out my mistakes and tell me the solution.
Thanks in advance…

Hi @Usama_Khalid - in the API documentation for your base you will see an authentication section. From here it notes:

You can authenticate to the API by providing your API key in the HTTP authorization bearer token header. Alternatively, a slightly lower-security approach is to provide your API key with the api_key query parameter.

So you can do it directly in the URL, but it would take the form:

https://api.airtable.com/v0/YOUR_BASE_ID/Table?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&filterByFormula......

So, note that the api_key param is a query param, i.e. after the ?

It is not clear from your code, but it looks like the api_key is before the query param, so this could be the issue.

The error message is around the authorisation, not the filter by formula.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.