How would you guys add a "comment" column to your Airtable?

I am looking to add a column, “Comments”, where my users can add their comments to any row without worrying about overwriting existing comments. For example, Alice can attach a comment to a row and Bob can reply that comment on the same row without deleting Alice’s comment.

How can I replicate such functionalities in Airtable?

I’d suggest using the built in chat feature. You can add comments about a record via the chat and they don’t overwrite each other - the flow like a continuous conversation about a record. You just need to expand a record to see the comments.

Here it is on desktop:

And on mobile:

Oh that is wonderful!

Is there a way to set the counter to 0 or do I have to manually delete all the comments?

I’m not quite sure what your reason for needing to delete the comments is, but no, you can’t clear them all. In fact a user can only delete the comments they made. You cannot delete comments made by another user - they persist on the record as long as the record exists.

Thanks for answering. The reason i want to reset it to zero is because I want to glance over the rows and see which one demands my attention.

Another option, if you need to be able to delete comments, is to create a separate “Comments” table:

Then link to the comments in your main table:

Users can create comments directly from the main table, and they can be individually deleted:

It’s not the most elegant solution, but I think it mostly gets you what you are looking for. ¯_(ツ)_/¯